Royal Hawaiian Luau – Aha’aina
Royal Hawaiian Luau is currently
unavailable for booking on our site. Please visit our Oahu luaus page for other open
luaus on Oahu.
The Royal Hawaiian, known as the “Pink Palace of the Pacific,” is Waikiki’s second oldest hotel. It’s an iconic landmark in Hawaii, and one of the island’s best luaus takes place at the hotel’s beautiful oceanfront lawn. Aha’aina Luau is a traditional Hawaiian luau in grand Royal Hawaiian style!
Prior to the luau dinner, enjoy watching a variety of cultural presentations, including kapa making (a cloth made of pounded bark), poi (taro root) pounding and na lawai'a (tending of fishing tools). Then sit down to a mouthwatering buffet dinner featuring a variety of delicacies (see menu below). The evening caps off with a memorable Polynesian show, with hula and song that commemorates the ancient islanders' rich history and culture.
- Traditional Hawaiian luau at historic Royal Hawaiian (Pink Palace) in Waikiki
- Features great Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head views
- Cultural presentations, such as poi pounding and kapa making
- Delicious luau buffet dinner
- Spectacular Polynesian performance
Full Luau (Premium or Standard Seating) includes 1 welcome drink and 2 drinks during the luau.
Premium Seating - 1st row of oceanfront tables, closest to the stage.
Cocktail Seating - Includes the show and 2 beverages (no food). Seating at 7 pm.
Aha'aina Luau Menu
Poi and Poke Station:
- Poi with Fresh Salted Salmon, Ho Farm Tomatoes and Maui Onion Ahi, Shrimp, Tako, Hamakua Tomato and Mushroom Poke on Ice Bar
Island Fruit Station:
- Sliced Pineapple, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Kula Strawberries, Mojito Style Mango
Island Salads Station:
- Island Coleslaw, JA Farms Caesar Salad with Portuguese Bread Croutons, White Anchovies and Pipikaula, Ho Farms Tomato and Cucumber Salad, JA Farms Baby Greens with Edamame, Ho Farms Tomatoes and Watermelon Radish
Hui Hui Grill Action Station:
- Local Island Chicken, Garlic Fried Rice, Wok Fried Choi Sum with Crispy Shallots, Roasted Vegetable Curry
Kiawe Wood BBQ Station:
- Korean BBQ Kalbi Ribs, Chinese Steamed Mongchong with Ginger and Scallion
- Real Above-Ground Kalua Pig Live Carving Station
- Royal Hawaiian Bread Pudding, Pink Haupia Cake, Halo-Halo Flan Waialua Estate Chocholate-Coffee Tiramisu
Royal Hawaiian Luau
Royal Hawaiian Luau Dancers
Waikiki Oceanfront Luau
- Where and When:
- Check-in begins at 5:00 pm (Cocktail Seating checks in/begins seating at 7:00 pm) at the Royal Hawaiian, 2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815 View Map
- Special Notes:
- A child (0-4 yrs) is free when they sit in the lap of an adult. These children do not include their own plate but are welcome to pick off the adult's plate.
You should select the pricing "Per Child in Own Seat, with Plate (0-4 yrs)" if you would like the child (0-4 yrs) to have their own seat (including siting in a highchair) and plate. Please note if the child with a seat will need a highchair, the luau will do their best to provide one but they may be limited.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Thursday & Saturday
- 2.5 hours
- Royal Hawaiian